Monday, April 12, 2010

Beware of the Pitbull


I am doing my research paper on pitbulls, and how the media portrays them as these vicious animals by only putting the tragic stories of pitbulls attacking people. They are misunderstood because of the media. Most of them are raised to fight, which makes them aggressive. If they were raised properly, they could be the sweetest companion to be around with. It all depends on the type of environment they are put in. My friend had a black pitbull who was friendly and very hyper. Since he was living in a good environment, he was not aggressive, but very strong. Once their jaws latch on to something, they lock. This could be very dangerous if they bite you. In the media, news stories give any dog that looks like an American Pitbull Terrior, the name pitbull. These dogs they confuse them with are sometimes the American Staffordshire Terrior, the Staffordshire Bull terrior, the American Bull dog and many more. The thing is that any of these dogs can become aggressive, if put in an environment in which they are abused.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree with you. I have a red-nosed one year old female pitbull named Austin and she is the most friendlist dog I have ever seen. She is not agressive by all means and is very motherly to our Chihuahua-Terrier mix Athena and our Toy Poodle Romeo. She has never bitten my nieces, no matter how rough they are with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finnaly a person who belives the same as me!

    ReplyDelete