Friday, April 16, 2010

If I'm hungry, like right now, the cheese burger in this image would be tempting. Although delicious, I do not want to eat from fast food restuarants. Before seeing Food Incorporated, I was aware of how animals were being treated before being slaughtered, but I was not aware of what exactly was going on in the food industry. It is so sad that the death of a child was from eating a hamburger. There are so many dangers that a mother has to look out for, food should not be one of them. It is true about there being a veil covering the truth: Chickens having breasts twice as big, making it hard to walk, while being in the dark. It is not the proper way to raise a chicken. When I get the chance, I would like to grow my own vegetables and buy from a farmer's market. Not only would it be good for the animals, but for me as well.

1 comment:

  1. I agree completely. Parents have enough to worry about with their kids, food shouldn't be on the list. That story about the young boy is terrible, I cant believe his cause of death was a hamburger!

    ReplyDelete