Friday, January 22, 2010

Going in For the Kill


The perfect meal for Michael Pollan was the fact that he knew how everything was made and where it came from. He had hunted and killed his prey and made it into a meal. The meal that was made was cooked in the kitchen with the help of eachother. He was amazed by how something that does not look so appetizing uncooked, could turn into a delicious meal.
I agree with how that could be considered the perfect meal to him. I enjoy cooking, or at least attempting to cook, and have never experienced that perfect meal. I can't imagine myself killing an animal. I would probably be traumatized by it. Of course, if the only option I had was to hunt an animal for food, I would, because I understand that it is in our nature and hunting animals for food is a part of life. Just as lions chase down a gazelle or a snake catches a mouse, we as humans will kill animals for meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment