Friday, January 15, 2010

Staying Connected

In the story Faceless on Facebook, the author mentions her experience with her attempt to use Facebook. Throughout this story, she is overwhelmed by the fact that she thinks she has no time for this and she is worried about what people will see. She gets anxious easily and feels she needs to take pills just for using the site. In the end, she quits using the site in all because in a way she is saying she is much too superior for that; mentioning the cocktail parties that she will be attending. It gives a kind of ironic sense of what she is saying when throughout this whole story it is all about her.
I feel I can relate to this story only in the way that I feel self-conscious about what I will put, but I know I should'nt be worrying about those things. Like the author says,"Let people make their own judgements in person." I technically have facebook, but I never used it. Now that I am in college, I feel it is a good way to stay connected to family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment